hospitality



Last year about this time, I talked about a website I was following that does daily Bible studies called She Reads Truth.  I love this site, and they started a brother site called He Reads Truth.  My husband and I did their advent series simultaneously this past Christmas as well as their study of Daniel.  I really enjoyed it. Some of the studies are topical and some go through whole books. They are not intense studies, more devotional in nature, and the scriptures studied are included as a link.  The link takes you to Biblia.com where you can choose from different Bible translations, and read two different ones side by side. 
I just finished a short study on hospitality and I really learned to see hospitality differently. Rather than something that involves inviting people into your home, it is something that we do each day when we interact with others.   Here is a snippet from the final day.
Hospitality is not just about the table. It’s about the people. It’s about the Gospel.
We’ve said that Jesus is the Ultimate Inviter. And what He invites us to is not just a gathering, not just a meal, but a whole new life.
The Gospel is life-giving. Hospitality is actively seeking to share that life with others.It is taking the gift of new life we have in Christ and giving it away with both careful intention and unabashed enthusiasm.

Update: The next study I am going to do is Philippians should you care to join me. 

Comments

  1. @california Bohemian, I went to your blog to meet you, and then I realized it was you, Tracie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts