Day 6 ~ Subtleties

One of the best things about autumn is color! Everywhere you look there is vibrant color: yellows, oranges, reds, browns, and greens.  Truth be told I am a cool color person, with one huge exception. autumn.  This time of year I change like the weather. I can't get enough of these warm colors.  These colors that are purposely avoided in my garden are suddenly welcomed with open arms.  I'm weird like that.  Todays prompt has to do with capturing an image in monochrome or all one color.  It was a little challenging for me.  I have been trying to use my prime lens more, but it does not auto focus, and I like to shoot at wide open so my images sometimes don't have the sharpness I desire.  Working on it.    

I am struck by the simplicity of light in the atmosphere in the autumn, as if the earth absorbed none, and out of this profusion of dazzling light came the autumnal tints. 
~Henry David Thoreau, 








Tracie West lives in California.  Not only are they having one of the worst droughts, but they are having much higher than usual temperatures.  I believe she said the other day was 98 degrees. Wonder what colors she found to capture?  Be sure and check it out!

Comments

  1. Anonymous11.10.14

    you did so great and I'm smiling so big that we nearly had the same thoughts about this lesson. I was so close to shooting grass too. I even took some pictures yesterday that may have come similar to some of your but never added them to my post. Just gorgeous. The reds, the yellows the greens! So pretty. Glad we agree about our love of color.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts